WHEN:AUGUST 11-AUGUST 13, 2016
WEBSITE: OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Guča trumpet festival, also known as the Dragačevski sabor trubača (Serbian), is an annual brass band festival in the town of Guča, near Čačak city in Dragačevo, region of western Serbia. Guča is a three-hour car journey from Belgrade. Half million visitors from Serbia and the world come to the town of 2,000 citizens each August.
Dragačevo trumpeters festival in Guča is a unique review of trumpet players creation and one of the most important manifestations of the overall national creativity and cultural amateurism in Serbia. It lasts continuously since 1961, when Guca festival was established with the aim to preserve and further develop art of trumpet players creation as a form of traditional folk art – posted as a national competition of Serbian brass bands.
THE 2016 LINEUP
Wednesday, 10th August 2016. (unofficial festival day)
- 21:00 Ceca Ražnatović concert – main stage
- 23:00 Riblja Čorba concert – main stage
Thursday, 11th August 2016.
- 12:00 Festival opening
- 19:00 Concert – stage in the city center
- 21:00 Midnight concert – main stage
Friday, 12th August 2016.
- 18:00 Festival parade
- 19:00 Concert – stage in the center
- 21:00 Trumpet masters competition – main stage
Saturday, 13th August 2016.
- 21:00 Final brass bands competition – main stage
- 23:00 Concert of the winner – main stage
Sunday, 14th August 2016. (unofficial festival day)
- 21:00 Severina concert – main stage
- 23:00 Miroslav Ilić concert – main stage